Wednesday, February 23, 2011
Libation \ly-BAY-shun\, noun:
1. The act of pouring a liquid (usually wine) either on the ground or on a victim in sacrifice to some deity; also, the wine or liquid thus poured out.
2. A beverage, especially an alcoholic beverage.
3. An act or instance of drinking.
~Now here's one of the things I like best about the word of the day. When I first saw this word pop up, I thought, well who doesn't know what libation means! heh heh, duh! Apparently, not me...or at least not all of the definitions. It's the act of pouring....not just the drinking of a liquid. Who knew!~
Sunday, February 20, 2011
sown, grown, alone
drowning, wet, dry, draught
greens, blues, browns
For more Sunday Scribblings on food check out http://sundayscribblings.blogspot.com/
~Also, thanks Savanna http://kougarkisses.blogspot.com/ The Diamante the other day made me want to try my own!~
Wednesday, February 16, 2011
Risible \RIZ-uh-buhl\, adjective:
1. Capable of laughing; disposed to laugh.
2. Exciting or provoking laughter; worthy of laughter; laughable; amusing.
3. Relating to, connected with, or used in laughter; as, "risible muscles."
~Here is a word I hope those who know me can use to describe me...Capable of laughing!~
Monday, February 14, 2011
Wednesday, February 9, 2011
Doppelganger \DOP-uhl-gang-uhr\, noun:
1. A ghostly double or counterpart of a living person.
2. Alter ego; double.
~Oh, here's what I need right about now! One who could be me and do all the yucky (time consuming) chores; leaving me free to write and spend quality time with the family! If she'd take the ghastly headache that's been plaguing me for the last couple of days with her...it would be a bonus!~
Friday, February 4, 2011
Roses and Rain
Eyes rolled back
Time off track
Not everything is as it seems
In this world of Pleasant Dreams...
~Wink~ It just felt like a day for poetry.
I'm posting over at Shapeshifter Seductions today, flashing the story of Penelope, Burgess and Danny - small shapeshifters, with large needs.